Sunday, January 1, 2012

Overcoming Struggles & Pursuing My Passions

It is 12:48 in the morning and it is officially 2012. There's something about the quiet of the night that makes me want to create, write, compose music and do some soul searching...even if it isn't the begining of the new year.
Knowing that the holidays are all over brings reflection, depression, joy and restlessness all at once.
I am continuing to track my sleep hours, who I talk to and see during the day, who I text, what movies / tv shows I watch and what foods I eat to help track my moods. I call it my daily "Linnea's Lines of Moods" or as most people know it, a "Mood Chart". ha. It helps me with tracking when I am stressed, down, severely depressed, manic or just plain out of my mind. It also helps me recognize what triggers my stress.
Everyone has hurts, habits and hang-ups and taking it one day at a time is too much for some of us. We still feel overwhelmed. For me, it can be one minute at a time.
My hang-ups consist of worry, guilt, caring what others think of me, co-dependency, etc. I refuse to give up my hard core coffee habit!
As the new year comes in, I refuse to do resolutions because every day is a resolution for me. To get up, get dressed, get out of bed (not in that order necessarily!) is my own personal "success" in my world some days. I may add a thing or two along the way such as tucking in a little lunch note into my kids' lunches for the day or taking a 2 mile walk.
As Captain Haddock says in the movie, "Tin Tin", "Where there's a wall, you always push through." Here's to all the walls we may push through, leap over, dig under or climb over to pursue our dreams and passions in the year 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment